Experience counts. The Word Public Relations has demonstrated its versatility by working with local, state and national clients from a diversity of industries since forming in 2007. We have represented clients from the following business sectors: health and aged care, agriculture, financial services, real estate, construction, sports, design, education and clothing.
Prior to developing the agency, Principal Michelle Mahon was an in-house Public Relations practitioner in both Sydney and Melbourne, working in the health, local government and superannuation sectors.
With a BA in Communications (Public Relations Major) from Canberra University, Michelle is skilled at transforming complex topics into easily understood written material, and in generating publicity via print, radio and television.
During her career, she has gained quality experience across the PR spectrum, including:
- creation and management of newsletters and e-newsletters
- booklets, brochures, fliers, pamphlets
- creation and management of content for websites
- annual reports
- generation of media coverage (radio, television, press) via media release
- management of media liaison including contentious issues
- statewide campaigns